Wednesday 22 November 2017

100 Word Challenge Week #11

As soon as I saw it I knew there was something ominous about the statue.  People called it the soul stealer; just gazing upon it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.  The legend was that a sorcerer was summoned, but his powers were so mighty that a curse was cast upon him molding him into a statue.  A feeling of dread suddenly came over me; as I quickly walked away I had the eerie feeling I was being watched.  I turned to see him looking at me with a menacing grin spread across his grotesque face, I was terrified!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Odd1out,
    What an interesting use of the prompt photo! You have included some great vocabulary to help paint a picture in your reader's mind e.g. 'ominous', 'soul stealer', and 'menacing'. I appreciate how you have included a different word to start each sentence, as this was part of today's lesson. Consider adding one or two short, choppy sentences to add emphasis. Keep on writing and improving.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Van

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Odd1out - yes, a really entertaining post. Thank you for taking the time to post on the 100 Word Challenge. Your use of precise vocabulary made your story jump off the page for your reader. A really great piece of writing and you should be proud.
    Mrs. T. Wiltshire, UK, (100 Word Challenge team)

    ReplyDelete